Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free
Ever since my mother-in-law made a carrot cake as one of the tiers of our wedding cake I have a craving for some and to make an alternative recipe that you can indulge in as often as you like. Finally I got around to making it and I am obsessed. I love having it topped with some yoghurt and nuts.
(Makes 1 bread tin)
3-4 Medium Carrots
30g Coconut Flour
130ml Almond Milk
50g Coconut Sugar
50g Coconut Oil
50g 0% Greek Yoghurt
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Baking Soda
1tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1tsp Vanilla Essence
1-2 tsp Cinnamon
Optional: Add Walnuts or Pecans to the recipe for a nice crunch
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C (fan oven).
2) Melt the coconut oil.
3) Add the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl (eggs, almond milk, melted coconut oil, yoghurt, vanilla essence, apple cider vinegar). Whisk to combine.
4) In a blender, grind the oats to a fine flour.
5) Grate the carrot.
6) Add the grated carrot and dry ingredients to the wet ingredients (carrots, oat flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar,baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon).
7) Mix well with a large spoon to combine.
8) Line a baking bread tin (or cake tin) with grease proof paper (or grease using butter/coconut oil). Pour the mix into the tin.
9) Bake in the oven for 45 minutes (or until a knife comes out clean).
10) Leave to cool before slicing.
Serve and Enjoy!