Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free
I have always loved the thought of reeces peanut butter cups however I have never been a fan of the peanut filling. My friend introduced me to the mini white chocolate reeces which I did really enjoy! However, they are hard to come by in Ireland so I decided to make my own. They are a perfect little treat to grab and have with a cup of tea or coffee.
(Makes 12 mini cups/6 large cups)
200g White Chocolate
100g Dried Dates
110g Hot Water
40g Peanut Butter
* Note: you could use any other nut butter e.g. almond or cashew butter if you would prefer.
1) Soak the dates in the hot water and leave aside.
2) Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or over a Ban Marie.
3) Spoon a tsp of white chocolate into each of the cups (for small cups. You will need more for larger cups). Spread the chocolate over the base and up the sides of the cups. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to set. (Note: there should be left over white chocolate for the top of the cups).
4) While the chocolate is setting, place the peanut butter, honey and a good pinch of sea salt into the blender with the dates and water. Blend until a thick smooth consistency is reached.
5) Take the white chocolate cups out of the freezer. Place a tsp of the peanut butter filling into each cup. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set.
6) Take the cups out of the freezer. Place a tsp of white chocolate over the tops of each and even out.
7) Place back in the freezer to set. I store mine in the freezer and take them out just before eating.