Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
I’ve been doing a bit of experimenting with tofu and I have really come to like it. It soaks up the flavour of sauces and is so versatile. If you don’t feel like eating meat or want a meal that is packed with flavour, feels satisfying but nice and light then this is for you! It’s a really quick and easy meal to prepare and could be used as a meal prep dish if you want to make it in advance.
I added in mushrooms and spinach as my vegetables for this dish but alternatively you can use any vegetables you fancy. Changing up the vegetables can also change up the meal if you want to keep it interesting for yourself!
1/2 block firm tofu (150-200g)
4 mushrooms (optional- You can use any vegetables you want)
Handful spinach (optional)
55g soy sauce (use Gluten Free if required)
10g peanuts (optional for topping)
1) Turn on the pan to a high heat.
2) Break 1/2 a block of firm tofu with your hands into the pan.
3) Cut the mushrooms (or any other veg) into smaller pieces and add to the pan.
4) Cook for a few minutes until the tofu has started to heat and the mushrooms are starting to release juices (around 3 mins)
5) Add a handful of spinach. Cook until wilted.
6) Add the honey and soy sauce. Mix the sauce into the tofu. Allow the tofu to soak up the soy sauce for around 3 minutes.
7) Serve it in a bowl or plate with side of your choice. I topped mine with some roasted peanuts (optional but recommended for that lovely crunch)
Serve and Enjoy!