Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free
Banana Bread is such a nice treat, snack or breakfast. What I love most about is is that most of the ingredients you will already have at home! It’s great for having for serving with tea or coffee but it’s also great for storing in the freezer and just taking it out whenever you have the craving for it. This banana bread is so easy, its vegan and gluten free so it can cater for a wide variety of dietary requirements. I love serving it with some yoghurt (greek yoghurt/ coconut or almond yoghurt for vegans).
4 bananas (the riper the better)
200g Oats (use gluten free if required)
2 tsp Baking Powder
50g milled flaxseeds
100g Hot Water
20g Honey (Option to add more to make it sweeter. Use agave or maple syrup for vegan)
40g of Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla essence
200g Blueberries (optional – you could replace this with raspberries, chocolate chips or nuts)
You can also add some almond or peanut butter for additional flavour
* Note: These ingredients can also be made into muffins instead using the same method of preparation. Just bake for 15-20 minutes.
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan oven).
2) Place the milled flaxseed into a bowl. Cover with the hot water and leave aside (this will thicken up the flaxseed and is used as an egg alternative).
3) Place the oats in a blender and blend until a fine flour is formed.
4) Add the oat flour to a large mixing bowl.
5) Add the baking powder to the oats and mix in.
6) Add the bananas to a blender and blend until smooth.
7) Add the honey, vanilla essence, milled flaxseed to the blender and blend until smooth.
8) Add the coconut oil (No need to melt it. You can add it solid) to the blender and blend until smooth.
9) Pour the banana mix into the oats. Mix until a thick batter is formed.
10) Add the blueberries (or any additional extras) to the bowl. Fold in to combine.
11) Pour the batter into a lined or greased bread tin.
12) Bake in the oven on the middle shelf for 40-45 minutes (or until a knife comes out clean).
Allow to cool before slicing.
Serve and Enjoy!
*Note: It can be stored in the freezer and taken out when required.