Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Vegan
I am absolutely obsessed with these cookies. They are so gooey and fudgy and taste so indulgent! They only take a few minutes to prepare and cook and are great for grabbing when that 3pm cookie slump hits!
(Makes 6 large cookies)
3/4 of a cup of hazelnut and pecan butter (or any other nut butter e.g. almond butter, cashew butter would work great)
1/4 cup of Maple Syrup
1 Tsp of Vanilla Essence
2 Tbs of flaxseed
50g of Sunflower Seeds
50g of Pumpkin Seeds
1/8 cup of brown sugar with stevia (I got this in supervalue)*
Pinch of Sea Salt
1 tsp of Baking Powder
40g of Dark Chocolate (I used 70% Dark Chocolate)
* The brown sugar with stevia is shown in the picture below. You could probably use regular brown sugar but I haven’t tried this yet.
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven).
2) Place the flaxseeds into a small bowl and add 6 Tbs of Hot water. Stir and leave aside for a few minutes.
3) Place the sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds into a blender. Blend to a fine flour (should only take a few seconds. Stop before it starts to turn into a nut butter)
4) Add all the ingredients except the chocolate to a large bowl. Using a handheld mixer (or a food processor) mix well until combined.
5) Cut the chocolate into small chunks. Add to the mixture and mix well to combine evenly.
6) Place the dough in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
7) Roll the dough using your hands into cookies of desired size. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
8) Bake in the oven for 12 minutes (or until slightly browned). I slightly undercook them to leave them squidgy and doughy. Cook them for slightly longer for more firm cookies.
9) Allow them to cook fully before moving them off the baking tray as they will be soft when they are just out of the oven.
Serve and Enjoy!