Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Vegan
I have never seen this milk in a shop but I decided to try it since tahini (sesame seed butter) is a real trend at the moment! It’s really nice and sweat and goes great in chia seed puddings and smoothie bowls. If you like tahini you will definitely like this milk but I think you will like it anyway even if you aren’t a huge fan of tahini! You can double the quantity to make more of the milk if desired!
1 cup of sesame seeds
2.5-3 cups of water
50g dried dates
5g of Honey (or Agave/maple for vegan)
A nut milk bag (you can buy these really cheap on Amazon)
Note: I doubled the quantity in the picture!
1) Soak the sesame seeds in water for around 6 hours (or overnight).
2) Drain the sesame seeds and rinse with water.
3) Soak the dates in some boiling water to soften.
4) Add the sesame seeds and water to the blender. Blend until smooth (3-5 minutes depending on your blender).
5) Drain the dates and ad the dates and honey (agave/maple) to the blender. Blend until smooth.
6) Pour the milk into a nut milk bag held over a large bowl. Squeeze the milk out into the bowl.
7) Place the milk in a container and place in the fridge. It should keep for 3-4 days.