Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Grain Free
This is my new obsession. Its sweet and tastes almost like white chocolate. Its a great alternative for nut butters especially for those who are allergic, and its lovely for stuffing into dates or making chocolate nut butter stuffed cups with.
250g unsweetened coconut chips*
20g honey (use agave or maple syrup to make vegan)
pinch of sea salt
* Note: I bought the coconut chips in Supervalu. You can also get them in most health food stores.
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven).
2) Place the coconut chips on a baking tray and bake in the oven for around 8 minutes (until browned. Keep and eye and don’t let them burn).
3) Allow to cool for a few minutes.
4) Place the roasted chips in a blender (you may need to do half first and grind down and then add the other half to the same blender if your using a smaller blender such as a nutribullet).
5) Blend until smooth.
6) Add the honey and sea salt. Blend again (the butter will thicken and won’t be as liquid as it was previously).
7) Place in a jar to store.
* Note the butter will solidify on storage (particularly if its cool). If it is heated in the microwave for a few seconds it turns back to liquid.