Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
There are times when you just want a comforting, warm bake! I know there is a big trend in going more plant based at the moment and I have made this bake so that it is vegan and vegetarian friendly and is also gluten free. This bake is great for making for a dinner party, for your family and for meal prep. It could also be served with some meat or fish if desired!
(Makes 4-5 portions)
3 Smaller Sweet Potatoes
1 Red Pepper
1 Red Onion
1/4 Cup Quinoa
1 Large Can Black Beans
1 Can (198g can) Sweetcorn
1 Jar (226g) Salsa
60g of Grated Mozzarella (use dairy free or vegan cheese if required)
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven)
2) Peal the sweet potatoes and chop them up into small squares.
3) Spray a baking tray with some fry light spray. Add the sweet potatoes to the baking tray. Spray with a small bit of fry-light spray and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
4) While the sweet potatoes are cooking, place the quinoa in a sauce pan. Cover with 1/2 cup of water. Bring to the boil and then turn down to a low-medium heat and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes (until the water has been absorbed).
5) Cut the rest of the vegetables into small pieces. After 15 minutes, add these to the baking tray with the sweet potatoes. Roast for 15 minutes.
6) Rinse the black beans.
7) Add the black beans, sweetcorn and quinoa to a large oven-proof dish.
8) When the vegetables are cooked add them to the dish.
9) Add the jar of salsa to the dish. Mix well.
10) Add 40g of mozzarella and mix. Bake for 10 minutes.
11) Add the remaining 20g of mozzarella onto the top. Bake for 5 more minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!