Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Vegan
This is a really handy dish for making when your short on time or for meal prep. It’s really tasty the next day as the ingredients absorb the sauce the longer you leave them in it. You can also vary it up by adding in different vegetables or meats.
3 Chicken Breasts (leave out for vegan or substitute with tofu) *
Vegetables of choice ( I used 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 a packet of mini corn, 1/2 pack of tenderstem broccoli, 1 carrot)
3 nests of noodles (I used blue dragon egg noodles – use gluten free noodles if required)
1 Tbs honey
2 Tbs Teriyaki sauce (use gluten free Tamari if required)
Handful of plain Cashews (optional)
1 Tbs Olive Oil
* Note: You can change the chicken for other meats such as pork, beef, turkey or substitute them for vegan alternatives such as tofu.
1) Add a handful of cashews to a pan and dry roast on a medium heat until browned. Remove from the pan once cooked and leave aside.
2) Add 1 tbs of olive oil to the pan to heat.
3) Cut the chicken breasts into small chunks. Add to the pan and fry until cooked through.
4) While the chicken is cooking, cut your veg into desired size.
5) Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and leave aside.
6) Add the veg to the pan and stir fry for 3-5 mins.
7) While the veg is cooking, cook the noodles according to their instructions.
8) Add the honey and Teriyaki sauce to the pan with the veg.
9) Drain the noodles. Add the noodles to the pan and mix.
10) Add the chicken back to the pan and mix.
11) Allow the noodles and chicken to absorb the sauce for 1-2 minutes.
12) If serving immediately add the cashews. If not keep aside and add them when serving to prevent them going soft.
Serve immediately or put in a tupperware reheat or serve cold when desired!