Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
This is a healthy alternative to the regular baked beans. They are so quick and easy to make. Regular baked beans contain around 9g of sugar in a small 200g pot whereas these only contain around 1g of sugar from the beans. They are really tasty and you can add different spices to make them into different flavours. I love serving them with some roast sweet potato/ sweet potato toast, my coconut flour and flaxseed bread, sweet potato bread or oat and yoghurt bread!
(Serves 4-5 people)
3 large cans of mixed beans (I used haricot, dutch brown beans and chickpeas)
500g Tomato Passata
1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
120mls boiling water
2 tbs coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
1-2 tsp of the gym chef all purpose spice (or paprika, garlic powder/ curry powder/ any flavouring you like)
1) Add the tomato passata to a large sauce pan. Put onto a medium heat.
2) Drain the beans and rinse well with cold water.
3) Place the chicken/vegetable stock cube in 120ml of boiling water.
4) Add the coconut aminos (or soy sauce), chicken stock cube, spices to the tomato sauce.
5) Add the beans to the sauce.
6) Leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes on a medium heat.
Serve and Enjoy!
(Above: I have served it on sweet potato toast)