Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free
This bread has a lovely crusty outside while still being soft on the inside. It is a very similar texture to your normal homemade baked brown bread so it is the perfect swap for those who can’t tolerate gluten. It can be stored in an airtight container for a few days or sliced, frozen and taken out when required. It’s lovely served with some jam, banana and honey or as a savory option with some eggs.
(Makes one Bread Loaf)
100g of Oats
45g of Coconut flour
40g of Protein (I used Tropeaka Vanilla Vegan Protein)
15g of Psyllium Husks or Lepicol
3 tsp of Baking Powder
A good sprinkle of Sea Salt
250mls of Egg Whites
125mls of Almond Milk
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2) Add the oats to a blender and blend to a fine flour.
3) Add the oats, coconut flour, protein powder, psyllium husks, baking powder and sea salt to a large bowl.
4) Add the egg whites and almond milk to the bowl. Stir to combine.
5) Place in a lined or greased bread tin.
6) Bake for 35-40 minutes (or until a knife inserts and comes out clean).
6) Allow to cool before slicing.
Store in an airtight container or freeze and take out when required.
(Above: I served it with sliced banana and honey)
(Above: I served it with some Raspberry Jam)