Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Grain Free, Vegan
These acai bowls are the “in thing” at the moment! I remember when I tried my first acai bowl while on my J1 in America and I was in heaven! Since then these have been a constant in my diet when I fancy a sweeter breakfast or just a little snack, treat or desert during the day.
100-120g of Frozen Banana (one large banana)
50g of Frozen Berries (Strawberries/Raspberries or Mixed Berries)
1 tsp of Acai Powder * (You can omit this if you don’t have it. The recipe will still make a nice smoothie bowl)
25g of Protein (I used Vanilla Vegan Protein by Tropeaka. Whey protein can be used and actually makes it even creamier – I have used salted caramel MyProtein on other occasions) – You can also omit this if desired
15g of Peanut or Almond Butter or any nut butter of choice (optional)
Toppings of choice
Puffed Rice or Quinoa
Seeds (sunflower or pumpkin seeds)
Chia Seeds (You can soak these overnight in a small bit of almond milk which allows them to expand and add them to the acai bowl)
* Note: You can buy acai powder in health food shops or in supermarkets such as SuperValue.
1) Add the frozen banana and berries to a blender.
2) Blend until smooth.
3) Add the protein powder, acai powder and a small bit of almond milk to the blender (don’t add to much at once as you can add more later if you need to).
4) Blend until smooth (add more almond milk if required).
5) Add the nut butter of your choice if using.
6) Blend until combined.
7) If you have soaked chia seeds overnight, add them to the acai bowl and mix using a spoon (don’t blend).
7) Place into a bowl.
8) Top with toppings of choice.
Serve and Enjoy!