Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free
This is a really handy base that you will never get bored off. You can use it as the base of a pizza or as a pancake and make it either a sweet or savory option.
The ingredients in the base means that it contains 20g of protein which means it will help keep you full for longer and is a perfect post workout snack or meal. As well as this it is low in carbohydrates for those who are trying to watch their carbohydrate intake.
The base also contains psyllium husk or flaxseeds which are known to be good aiding in overall digestive health as well as being helpful in relieving symptoms such as IBS (irritable bowl syndrome) and constipation.
10g of Coconut Flour
5g of Psyllium Husk (or you can use 5g of Milled Flaxseeds)
1/2 tsp of baking powder
140g of Egg white
Frylight Spray/Olive Oil/Coconut Oil
1) Put a pan on the hob and set it to heat it while you make the batter.
2) Add the coconut flour, psyllium husk and baking powder to a bowl.
3) Add the egg whites to the other ingredients.
4) Mix well to combine.
5) Spray the pan with some frylight spray (or add a tiny bit of olive or coconut oil to grease the pan).
6) Add the batter to the pan.
7) Place a lid to cover the batter. Cook for around 3-4 minutes on one side (until it has puffed up and set on the bottom side).
8) Flip the pancake. Cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
9) Remove from the pan and top with toppings of choice.
To make it into a pizza:
Top it with tomato sauce, chicken/ham/salami, sweetcorn, peppers, cheese etc.
To make it into a sweet pancake:
Top it with yoghurt, berries, honey/maple syrup, melted chocolate, nutella etc
To make it savoury:
Top it with bacon and eggs.
Smashed avocado and a poached or fried egg
Top it with spinach, tomato sauce, sweetcorn and a baked egg (see method below)
1) Preheat the grill to around 200°C.
2) Add the spinach to a greased pan and cook until it wilts.
3) Add the tomato sauce and sweetcorn.
4) Crack an egg in the middle and allow to cook for around a minute.
5) Place under the grill for around 2 minutes (until the egg is cooked through).
6) Place on top of the pancake base.
Serve and Enjoy!