Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Vegan
This is such a nice little treat to curb those sweet cravings. Most hot chocolate powders have a lot of sugar added to them (one cup can contain 14-16g of sugar!) and for those who can’t tolerate dairy many of the chocolate powders have whey/skimmed milk powder (milk derived products). This is a great alternative as it contains natural sugars to sweeten and doesn’t contain any dairy.
2-3 heaped tsp of Cacao Powder (depending on how chocolatey you want it)
1-2 tsp of Agave (or alternatively you can use honey)
1/2 tsp of Coconut Oil
300mls of Almond Milk
1) Place your coconut oil in a mug and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2) Add the cacao powder and agave to the coconut oil and mix (a thick mixture will form).
3) Add 50-100 mls of almond milk.
4) Mix well.
5) Add the remaining milk to the mug. Mix Well (there will be bits that wont combine)
6) Place in the microwave for 1 minute (the chocolate will thicken)
7) Take out and stir. Place back in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute (or until desired temperature is reached).
8) Taste for desired sweetness. Add more agave if it is too bitter. Stir well (or use a handheld frother to mix if you have one).
Serve and Enjoy!