Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free
This is such a quick and delicious breakfast or brunch and you can throw in just about anything you fancy! It’s like a regular omelette but for those of you who love that runny yoke will love this recipe!
1 Whole Egg
80g Egg Whites
Vegetables of Choice*
(I used 4-5 mushrooms and sweetcorn)
1 tsp Turmeric (Optional)
Coconut oil/Olive Oil/ Fry light
* You can use any vegetables you like! Just take out whatever you have in the fridge and you are good to go! Its great for using left over veg and meats!
1) Pre-heat the grill to 230°C.
2) If using mushrooms (or other veg that needs cooking), cut them into smaller pieces. Heat a pan with some fry-light oil spray (or use regular oil or coconut oil if you prefer).
3) Add the mushrooms (or other veg) to the pan and cook for around 4-5 minutes (or until cooked). Once cooked remove from the pan.
4) Add egg whites to a bowl or cup. Add a teaspoon of turmeric to the egg whites and whisk to combine.
5) Add a tiny bit of coconut oil/fry light spray/olive oil to the pan.
6) Crack the whole egg into the pan.
7) Immediately pour the egg whites onto the pan.
8) Add your veg to the pan on top of the egg (I added the cooked mushrooms and some sweetcorn).
9) Place a lid over the pan. Cook for around 2-3 minutes (until slightly cooked on the bottom but the top will still be liquidy).
10) Place the pan under the grill and grill for about 3 minutes (the cooking time will vary depending on your grill but egg will be cooked through and no liquid will remain on the top).
11) Remove from the pan.
Serve and Enjoy!
(Above: I served mine with some of my sweet potato bread (http://nicolagray.com/2017/03/06/sweet-potato-bread/))