Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free
These take 5 minutes to make and are a great little healthier alternative to have as a little treat or with your coffee or tea!
(Makes 10 Balls)
30g of Oats (use Gluten Free if required)
50g of Chocolate Protein (I used MyProtein Chocolate Soy Protein or Peanut Chocolate Whey)
70g of Dried Dates
10g of Cacao Powder
20g of Nutella
10g of Honey (optional)
50g of 70% Dark Chocolate (for coating)
1) Place the dates in a bowl and pour some boiling water over them (this allows them to soften)
2) Put the oats into a blender and grind to a flour consistency.
3) Add the protein and cacao powder to the oat flour.
4) Place the nutella in a small bowl and microwave to make it more runny.
5) Add the nutella and honey to the blender.
6) Drain the dates but keep the water they were soaking in.
7) Add the dates to the blender with about 1 tablespoon of the water. Blend. (Add more water until desired consistency is reached. If they become to wet add more protein or oats. If they are to dry add more water).
8) Pour the mixture out onto a lined baking tray. Shape into balls of desired size.
9) Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a ban marie.
10) Roll the balls in the chocolate to coat.
11) Place in the fridge to set.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
(These can also be stored in the freezer and taken out a few minutes to allow to soften before eating)