Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free
I make this in a bread tin and cut it into slices and serve it like a brownie. The slices are quite dense but are lovely served warm topped with some yoghurt or cream cheese mixed with some cacao powder and honey (used like an icing). It’s really handy for storing in the fridge or freezer and taken out to satisfy that sweet tooth whenever it arises!
(Makes one bread loaf)
2-3 Red Apples
20g Peanut Flour (You can swap this for peanut butter if you don’t have it)*
30g Cacao Powder
40g Coconut Flour
80g Oats (Gluten Free if required)
20-30g Peanut butter
20g Coconut oil
50g of 70% Dark Chocolate
10-20g of 70% Dark Chocolate or chocolate chips
Pinch of sea salt
* Note: You can buy peanut flour in SuperValue or the health shops
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (Fan Oven).
2) Peal the apples. Chop into smaller chunks. Place in a saucepan with some water and simmer on a medium heat until soft (around 7 mins). Alternatively you can do this in the microwave.
3) Once soft, place the apples in a blender and blend until smooth.
4) Add the oats to a blender. Blend until a fine flour forms.
5) Add the coconut flour, peanut flour, cacao powder to the oats.
6) Add the eggs, apple sauce, peanut butter, coconut oil, honey to the blender. Blend to combine.
7) Melt 50g of dark chocolate over a ban marie or in the microwave.
8) Add the melted chocolate to the blender. Blend until smooth.
9) Chop 10-20g of dark chocolate into smaller chunks (alternatively use chocolate chips). Mix into the batter (do not blend).
10) Pour the mix into a greased or lined bread tin.
11) Bake for 45-50 minutes.
(alternatively you could cook it in a cake tin or baking tray or muffin cases. The cooking time would be less depending on size and thickness)
Serve and Enjoy!
(Above: I served mine with some greek yoghurt mixed with some cacao powder or chocolate peanut protein powder and raspberries)
This bread can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge or stored in the freezer and taken out when required. I recommend to serve it heated with some greek yoghurt.