Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free
These are so easy to make and you can really throw in whatever nuts and seeds you have in your cupboards. They are a great little snack to have with your tea or coffee or handy for taking with you for a snack when you’re out.
(Makes around 16 flapjacks)
190g Jumbo Oats (Use Gluten Free if required)
30g of Sunflower Seeds
40g of Pumpkin Seeds
50g Dried Diced Apricots*
50g of Dried Dates*
70g Almond Butter*
20g Olive Oil
* Note if you want to change the flavour and like peanut butter you can replace the almond butter for peanut butter. Other dried fruit work well eg raisins/sultanas, goji berries. You can also add some nuts eg mixed nuts or cashew nuts or whatever is in your cupboards!
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (Fan Oven).
2) Place the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, diced apricots and dried dates (chop dates into smaller chunks) into a large mixing bowl.
3) Add the honey, olive oil and almond butter to a small saucepan. Heat to combine.
4) Pour the honey, almond butter mix over the dried ingredients. Mix well to oat.
5) Line a baking tray or tin with grease proof paper.
6) Place the mixture into the tin and press down firmly.
7) Place in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes (until golden brown).
8) Once cooked, take out of the oven and allow to cool before slicing.
Serve and Enjoy!