Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Flourless
These are so easy to make. They are a really handy snack to take with you on the go or are lovely with a cup of tea or coffee as a snack instead of that regular shop bought muffin. They can also be stored in the freezer and taken out to defrost when required!
(Makes 10 Muffins)
3 Medium Bananas (around 240g)
70g of Ground Almonds
60g of Soy Protein (I used vanilla Flavoured MyProtein)
40g of Honey
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
25g of Coconut Oil
20-25g of Almond Milk
1 Tsp of Baking Powder
125g of Blueberries
Handful of flaked almonds to top (optional)
* Note: you can use the same recipe and bake it in a bread tin to make a banana bread (see http://nicolagray.com/2017/03/06/protein-banana-bread-2/)
The blueberries can be substituted for raspberries or other fruit of choice.
Soy protein bakes differently to whey protein. The quantities of ingredients may need to be altered slightly.
If you don’t have protein powder you can increase the quantity of almond flour to around 200-220g.
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven).
2) Add the bananas to a blender and blend until smooth.
3) Add the remaining ingredients (except the blueberries).
4) Blend until smooth.
5) Add the blueberries and mix with a spoon to incorporate.
6) Pour the mixture into muffin cases.
7) Top with some flaked almonds (optional).
8) Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container or they can be stored in the freezer and taken out to defrost when required!