Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Flourless
This is the same recipe as the protein banana muffins except its baked in a bread tin. It’s so easy to make and is lovely as a breakfast, snack of brunch served on its own, with some greek yoghurt and fruit, or with some fruit compote. It can be sliced and stored in the freezer and taken out to defrost when required!
(Makes 1 Loaf)
3 Medium Bananas (around 240g)
70g of Ground Almonds
60g of Soy Protein (I used vanilla Flavoured MyProtein)*
40g of Honey
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
25g of Coconut Oil
20-25g of Almond Milk
1 Tsp of Baking Powder
125g of Blueberries
Handful of flaked almonds to top (optional)
* Note: you can use the same recipe and bake it in muffin cases to make muffins (see http://nicolagray.com/2017/03/06/protein-banana-muffins/)
The blueberries can be substituted for raspberries or other fruit of choice.
Soy protein bakes differently to whey protein. The quantities of ingredients may need to be altered slightly.
If you don’t have protein powder you can increase the quantity of almond flour to around 200-220g.
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven).
2) Add the bananas to a blender and blend until smooth.
3) Add the remaining ingredients (except the blueberries).
4) Blend until smooth.
5) Add the blueberries and mix with a spoon to incorporate.
6) Pour the mixture into a tin lined with a bread liner or greased with butter/coconut oil/oil.
7) Top with some flaked almonds (optional).
8) Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes (until a knife comes out clean)
Serve and Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container or it can be stored in the freezer and taken out to defrost when required!