Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free
These are a great treat for bringing with you as a snack or to satisfy your cravings. They can be stored in the freezer and just taken out when required and brought for a snack on the go! These are very similar to a previous recipe I have on the site however these have more protein in them.
(Makes 12 Bars)
60g Whey Protein ( I used MyProtein Salted Caramel)
20g of Coconut Flour
30g of Ground Almonds
50g of Almond Milk
Protein Caramel Layer:
15g of Whey Protein
20g of Dried Dates
125g of 70% Dark Chocolate
For the Base:
1) Soak the dates in some boiling water. Leave to sit while you make the base.
2) Add the base ingredients to a blender and blend (the dough should stick together when pressed or rolled into a ball).
3) Roll into a ball and place on cling film on a flat surface.
4) Place another sheet of cling film on top of the ball.Roll out into a flat rectangle.
For the Protein Caramel:
5) Remove the dates from the water but keep the water they were soaking in.
6) Place the dates, protein powder and one tablespoon of the water into a blender and blend until smooth. Add some more water if required until you get a smooth but still thick caramel (don’t add to much water).
7) Spread the protein caramel over the base.
8) Leave to set in the freezer for an hour.
For the Chocolate:
9) Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a ban marie.
10) Take the bars from the freezer and cut into desired size.
11) Using two forks, dip each bar in the melted chocolate to coat.
12) Place back on the baking tray and back into the freezer to set.
Store in an airtight container in the freezer. Remove and allow to unfreeze for a few minutes before eating (they will soften nicely into a gooey caramel if left out of the freezer overnight).