Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free
60g of Dried Dates
30g Almond Butter
* Note: To make more sauce just add more of each ingredient. Exact quantities really doesn’t matter, just add to your desired taste.
1) Soak the dates in some hot water for 5-10 minutes.
2) Drain the dates but keep the water they were soaking in.
3) Add the dates, some of the water and the almond butter to a blender.
4) Blend until smooth. You may need to scrape it off the sides of the blender and blend a few times.
5) Add water until the desired consistency is reached.
6) Add a couple of pinches of sea salt.
7) Blend one last time.
8) Heat in the microwave for a few seconds to make a hot caramel sauce!
Serve over some ice cream or banana ice cream (http://nicolagray.com/2016/09/04/banana-ice-cream/) and top with desired toppings!
(Pictured above: I have served it over banana ice-cream (http://nicolagray.com/2016/09/04/banana-ice-cream/) with hot chocolate sauce and served in a chocolate bowl (http://nicolagray.com/2017/01/01/chocolate-bowls/) with a side of crunchy nuts)
Layer 1: Banana Ice-Cream
Layer 2: Caramel Sauce
Layer 3: Banana Ice-Cream
Layer 4: Melted Carb Killa Protein Bar
Topped with Mixed Honey Roasted Nuts and Sliced Carb Killa Protein Bar
Note: To melt a carb killa protein bar into chocolate sauce: Break the bar into 2 pieces and place in a bowl with a small bit of boiling water. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix well. Add some more water if required to make more liquidy if required. Place in the microwave for another 10 seconds. Mix and use as a topping.