Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free
This is a great recipe if you want to slightly change up the flavour of your granola. While I give you the quantities of ingredients, these are guides as you can really play with the quantity and types of ingredients you add it. If you add more dry ingredients (eg oats, nuts) then add more of the wet ingredients (coconut oil, almond butter, honey) to make sure its coated well. You can double or triple the ingredients to make more as it stores well in an airtight container.
130g Oats (Gluten Free if Required)
50g Whole Almond (Ground into a flour) or ground almonds
30g Whole Almond
30g Flaked Almonds
20g Coconut oil
40g Almond Butter
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven).
2) Put 50g of Whole Almonds into a blender and blend to a flour like consistency (alternatively use 50g of ground almonds).
3) Add all the oats, ground almonds, almonds and flaked almonds to a large mixing bowl.
4) Add the coconut oil, almond butter and honey to a saucepan or bowl.
5) Heat the coconut oil, almond butter and honey until they are combined (over a hob or in the microwave).
6) Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix until the dry ingredients are fully coated.
7) Spread the granola on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes give the granola a mix and put it back in the oven for approximately another 4 minutes or until browned (keep an eye to ensure it doesn’t burn).
8) Once browned, take it out of the oven and leave to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Its great for putting on top of yoghurt, smoothie bowls or just eating on its own or with some milk!
(Pictured Above: I have topped a Protein “Fluff” Smoothie bowl (http://nicolagray.com/2016/12/27/protein-fluff-smoothie-bowl/) with the Granola)
(Pictured: I have put the granola on top of a Salted Caramel Protein Smoothie Bowl –http://nicolagray.com/2016/09/06/salted-caramel-protein-smoothie-bowl/)