(Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
For almond butter: 200g of Whole Almonds
For cashew butter: 200g of Unsalted Cashew Nuts
* Note: You can use loads of different types of nuts to make different nut butters (eg pecans, macadamia nuts, peanuts, a mix of almonds and cashews etc)
Optional to add Flavours:
For Cinnamon Almond Butter: Approximately 1 desert spoon of cinnamon
(add desired amount of cinnamon for your liking!)
For Maple Almond Butter: Add 2-3 tablespoons of Maple Syrup
Salted Almond Butter: Add a few pinches of sea salt
1) Preheat your oven to 180° (fan oven)
2) Put your almonds on a baking tray and bake in the oven for around 8 minutes
3) Take the almonds out of the oven and allow to cool for around 5 minutes
6) Add your almonds to a high speed blender (I use a Vitamix but I have also used the Nutribullet to make it).
7) Blend on medium speed for a few minutes to allow the nuts to break down to a flour. Every minute or two open the blender and scrape down the sides.
8) Increase the speed of the blender. Keep scraping down the sides.
9) The nuts will break down to a smoother consistency. The more you blend the smoother it will get as the nuts will release their oils. It can take 10-15 minutes depending on the speed of your blender.
10) Once the nut butter is really smooth (add your flavouring of choice eg cinnamon, maple syrup, sea salt etc) and blend for a minute to mix. If you are not adding flavours remove the nut butter from the blender and store it in an airtight jar.