(Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free)
These are so quick and easy to make. They are a great little treat by themselves or with a cup of tea or coffee! Try to resist eating the batter as your making them!
(Makes approximately 28 truffles)
100g of Raw Unsalted Cashew Nuts
100g Raw Unsalted Walnuts
100g Dried Dates
1 Tbs of Coconut oil
1 Tsp of Vanilla essence
1 Tbs Cacao Powder
125g of 70% Dark Chocolate (use dairy free if required)
1) Place the dates in a bowl and cover them with hot water (for about 10 minutes to allow them to soften)
2) Place the chocolate in a bowl. Put the bowl in a sauce pan containing some hot water and allow the chocolate to melt while you are making the balls.
2) Add the cashews and walnuts to a blender and blend until a fine flour forms.
3) Drain the dates. Add the dates, coconut oil, vanilla essence and cacao powder to the blender. Blend until a paste forms.
4) Roll into balls of desired size.
5) Dip the balls in the melted chocolate.
6) Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.